Monday, November 10, 2014

Where I'm From and Where I'm Going

While creating my Arts Timeline I did a lot of reflection on my personal journey in the artist and asked myself the question a lot of....how did I get to be the artist I am today.  When I looked through each stage I asked myself this question.

One stage that I had a particularly  long reflection of was my time at my boarding school in Virginia for dance.  While I was there I felt that I wasn't using my artistic talent rather being asked to fine-tune  my technique and presentation of the art itself.  But after reflecting I have used more of my lessons learned there to create the artist I am today.  I find myself time and time again reflecting on teachers I had during that time period.  I use they're analogies and teaching methods often in my personal classes.  I also use their corrections still to this day on my own personal dancing and creating.  While in the moment I felt that I wasn't being artistic that moment in my life has really shaped me today as an artist.

For my timeline I created this art instillation of glass jars with sand and glitter.  The fourth jar from the left/ the second pink on represents that time in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment