Monday, June 9, 2014

Gratitude Phrase One


I'm so thankful everyday for so many people and so much in my life.  I had an idea to create dance phrases in gratitude.  I have started compiling a list of things, experiences and people that I am grateful for.  With this list over time I plan to create short dance phrases and hopefully string them together into a much larger work!

As an artist dance is my form of expression, being able to show people my gratitude with movement is such a sweet idea in my mind.  Also the idea that to people unknowing the movement may have different context or meaning to them.  This is a project I am not putting any timeline on.

My first dance phrases is actually to myself, I made this phrases to thank my body, my mind and my soul for all that is has done so far.  I'm focusing on working from the inside out, if I'm happy I will radiate happiness and be able to provide happiness as I'm facilitating my art.

Dance is such a dynamic journey for me and I'm really happy with this phrases and can't wait to build on and add onto the idea of gratitude!




No comments:

Post a Comment