Saturday, October 12, 2013

Take 4 Words

This week we were asked to create our own personal creative practice.

Mine is called "Take 4 Words"

1. Pick one topic, anything at all such as vacations, pets, walking

2. Free write for 3 minutes about this topic, don't stop to correct or change just write write write, even if you go off topic that is ok.

3. Now pick 4 numbers between 1-100

4. Count your words and circle those 4 numbers

5.  These are your 4 words, you can make them into a phrase or change them around or do whatever you wish with these 4 words.

6.  Create a movement phrase from these 4 words or create a painting, drawing, music anything you wish.

When I did this exercise I wrote about the color purple,  my numbers were 16, 22, 31, 47 and my words were:

Grey
Lost
Upon
Sharpie

With these 4 words I created this movement phrase:


No comments:

Post a Comment