Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wk. 7 Health Blog Post

This week on my exploration of blogs and articles I came across this one, which I am blown away with.  This is a short story of women who are sharing a awful time in their life, each going through chemotherapy for cancer.  But some how they have all connected in this hospital and share this fabulous coat.  They have built a friendship and bond over this coat.  This is a perfect example of what this 7 week journey of this class has taken me on.  An example of people using art, imagery and human nature to help heal.

Please take a moment to listen to this fabulous story, and share this happiness they have found.


http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2013/10/01/sisterhood-traveling-coat

Here is a screenshot of the comment I left


REFERENCE:

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2013/10/01/sisterhood-traveling-coat

Margolin, I., Pierce, J., & Wiley, A. (2011). Wellness Through a Creative Lens: Mediation and Visualization. Journal of Religion & Spirituality in Social Work: Social Thought30(3), 234-252.




No comments:

Post a Comment