Thursday, September 19, 2013

Week 4 Creative Practice

This week for our creative practice we were asked to create a self portrait collage

As I started going through my magazines, I began to notice mouths....something I don't think I normally notice, and then it got me thinking about my personal self portrait.

I titled my work "You Can't Stop Talking"

My mouth is used in so many ways each day as a teacher, friend, mentor, student, girlfriend, daughter, sometimes bad words come out, sometimes good words, I change my tone,  I change my language its so versatile.  I try to always smile, even while being frustrated or upset.  I use my mouth to love, I use my mouth to correct, I use my own mouth to correct myself, since sometimes I have to say things outloud to myself.  I use my mouth to talk to much, or to little.  My mouth can hurt people, or help people, my mouth can bring random people joy by simple, thank you.

What is your mouth used for..................

No comments:

Post a Comment