Monday, March 23, 2015

Compassion

This week the paintings we viewed showed young children and their mothers.  One depicted a mother washing the feet of a young child another of the mother looking at her sleeping baby.  I think that this image of a mother looking at her baby resonates compassion.  Almost everyone can connect and feel a sense of compassion when witnessing the innocence of a baby and the love of the parent.  As I traveled through my days this week I started to take notice to other moments of compassion I saw, I find myself smiling back a babies and noticing others do the same.  But can we find compassion in other areas besides just children.  The two images I'm sharing capture compassion in my eyes.  The first photo is one of the dancers from Dance for Life sharing a story of his past with a volunteer.  The bottom picture is of a younger gentleman holding an umbrella for an older women in the rain.  Both of these images show compassion.  Listening is such an art, the dancer has such beautiful stories to share.  The image capture really shows her listening and him speaking.  The umbrella scene I caught from my rainy car window, its so common now that we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of our personal lives that we stop to look around and see if we can help anyone else.  This young man assisting this women captures a moment of genuine human connection.  As we go through life we should be taking more time to notice this human connection much like with a mother and baby and noticing the compassion around us.  If we notice more I think we reciprocate more compassion.


No comments:

Post a Comment