Monday, March 23, 2015

Nature of Relationships & Ethos

Ethos to me means the character of someone.  Something that I find as a personal character trait of mine that I have struggled with finding the balance with both my relationships in personal life and in work life is boundaries.  This week I created a piece of art that I felt showcased the boundaries of life.   In each part of our lives we have boundaries. Within my life it falls in the hospital, dance studio, personal time and school work.  I struggle to find the right balance of alone time for self care, time for preparation and energy to each activity.  This art work captures this the white lines in a abstract pattern represent the boundaries and how mine overlap between each part of my life.   The different shades of blue represent the different parts of my life.  My different jobs, school, family and other personal lives.  You can see in the artwork that the white lines aren't perfectly straight and paint has created an uneven edge, this is very true with my boundaries within my life.  Sometimes I cross my own boundaries.  The natures of our relationship and ethos fall very much on boundaries.  In order to bring myself 100% to my work I have to be sure to give myself personally 100% of recovery time to accommodate all the other parts of my life.  Finding the balance in a constant struggle and its a constant recalibration throughout ones life.  



No comments:

Post a Comment